Buying at Mullens
- Subject to the absolute discretion of the Auctioneer the highest bidder to be the purchaser, the Auctioneer reserving the right to bid on behalf of the Vendors, should he think fit, and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the dispute may be settled by the Auctioneer, or the lot so in dispute, may be immediately put up and re-sold.
- No person shall advance less than ten per cent on the preceding bid. The Auctioneer reserving the right to control the bidding.
- All intending bidders are requested to register at the office and provide identification in order to collect a bidding paddle before the commencement of the sale.
- Lots to be taken away and paid for, whether genuine and authentic or not, with all faults and errors of description at the buyer's expense and risk, within 2 days from the close of sale; Mullen’s, Laurel Park, not being responsible for the correct description, genuineness or authenticity of, or any default or defect in any lot, and making no warranty whatever.
- If any deficiency shall arise in quantity, or from any cause the Auctioneers shall be unable to deliver any lot, or portion a lot, then, the Sale and Purchase of that particular lot may be cancelled by either the Auctioneers or the Purchaser.
- To prevent inaccuracy in delivery and inconvenience in the settlement of the Purchase, no lot can, on any account, be removed during the time of Sale.
- Upon failure to comply with any of the Conditions of Sale the defaulter shall pay any loss arising on any re-sale of the lot, together with the charges and expenses in respect of both sales.
- Buyers Premium is 24.6% inclusive of VAT
- Payment must be either by cash, bank transfer, or cheque vouched to the satisfaction of the Auctioneers. Payment can also be made by Visa, Master Card and Laser in person. We cannot accept payment by card over the phone. Internet bidders will incur an extra 3% charge plus VAT.
- Lots withdrawn from the sale will be subject to a commission of 15% of the Auctioneer’s latest estimate of the auction price of the Lot withdrawn together with VAT thereon and any expenses incurred by the Auctioneer in relation to the lot or lots.
TIMED ONLINE AUCTION Bids placed in the 5 minutes before the closing time for a lot will extend the closing time by 5 minutes to allow other interested parties to make a counter bid.
BIDS We will be pleased to execute bids on behalf of the intending buyers, and no charge is made for this service. Lots will be purchased as cheaply as permitted by other bids and reserves. Bids must be submitted to the Commissions Department at least an hour before the sale commences.
Bids left by telephone will be accepted only on condition that they are at the sender’s risk, and must, in any case, be confirmed by e-mail, fax or in writing.
You may reserve a telephone line with our clerk to bid for items with a reserve of €100 or more. NB: Telephone lines are reserved on the condition that you are prepared to bid to the lowest estimate i.e. reserve price. In the event of our clerk being unable to contact you when the lot comes up for auction, they will bid to the lowest estimate on your behalf.
COLLECTION All lots must be paid for and collected by 4.00 p.m. on the Thursday following a sale. Any lots remaining after this time will be removed to Hanley's Storage, Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow and will be subject to a charge, regardless of circumstances - No Exceptions
DELIVERY Delivery of all items can be arranged on the day following the sale. Enquiries should be made at the office.
Please submit Condition Reports before 12pm on the Sunday prior to the auction in order to guarantee a response.
We cannot give Condition Reports on items with an estimate of €100 or lower